A team of committed professionals.
(CEO, Attorney at Law in Japan)
Yuki was graduated from the University of Tokyo (Bachelor of Law), Chuo University (Juris Doctor), Duke University School of Law (Master of Laws) (Graduation speaker). He is lawyer in Japan, a member of Tokyo Bar Association. He was engaged in many M&A deals as a legal advisor at a law firm in Tokyo (Bingham McCutchen Murase, Sakai, Mimura, Aizawa, currently merged with Anderson Mori & Tomotsune) and working as a legal advisor (turnaround management) for distressed companies in Japan.
After serving as Special Officer to CEO Office at Bank of Mitsubishi Tokyo UFJ (Malaysia) Berhad for 1 year and 8 months, he incorporated LIKEARISINGSUN. As an M&A specialist, he wrote many articles such as “Essential points of Japan M&A Practice (Shoji Home)” as a co-author. He is having series of articles at NNA regarding M&A and legal practice in Malaysia.
Yuki’s engagements include:
- Supported one of the largest chemical companies in Japan in investing in an insolvent company
- Represented a listed auto parts company in a cross-border antitrust case
- Supported a listed electronics company in a crisis management case
- Represented a subsidiary company of Japanese trading company, which composed a Joint Venture with BP PLC, in the litigation of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill case
- Co-Trustee of a founder of one of the biggest staffing agencies in Japan of cross-border bankruptcy case appointed by the Tokyo District Court
- Engaged in pro-bono works as i) official defence counsel, ii) representative of refugee application case and iii) legal aid consultant.
Edwin graduated from University of London (Bachelor of Law) and University of Malaya (Master of Laws). He is a Corporate & Technology Lawyer in Malaysia, a member of Malaysian Bar and KL Bar. Edwin is the author of “Beyond Data Protection, Strategic Case Studies, and Practical Guidance”. Besides, he is also a contributor of “Media and Entertainment: A Practical Legal, Business and Strategy Guide” & “Bullen & Leake & Jacob’s Malaysian Precedents of Pleadings”
Edwin’s previous corporate and M&A notable transactions include:
- Involved in negotiations and documentation for a sale of business of a food coating, seasoning, sauces, dressing and process flavours manufacturing company in Malaysia to a UK public listed company.
- Involved in negotiations and documentation for an Asia-based private equity firm on the acquisition of shares and trademarks of the second largest cereal and snack producer in Indonesia as well as a property from an Indonesian company.
- Involved in advising a well-known Japanese car manufacturer on its plan to acquire land in Malaysia for establishment of a manufacturing plant.
- Involved in advising a government-linked corporation (GLC) on its disposal of its subsidiary operating the cable car business in Pulau Langkawi.
- Involved in due diligence and documentation in relation to an initial public offering of a Malaysian-based long haul low cost carrier (Air Asia X) on Bursa Malaysia.
- Involved negotiations and documentation for a proposed acquisition of a commercial bank in Cambodia by a Malaysian public listed company.
Tetsu has over 20 years’ experience in one of the largest integrated trading and investment business enterprises in Japan, performing M&A, Business startup, Business Development, Corporate Planning including portfolio management and make synergized among portfolio companies in Mobile, ICT, Media, Retail and Lifestyle industries.
Tetsu’s engagements include:
- Startup grocery E-commerce business in Malaysia as CEO.
- Plan and execute co-production TV program between Malaysia and Japan
- Investment in a Fintech company in Malaysia and seconded as Corporate Strategy Planning Director to grow business together with the management team.
- Set up Mobile Money business as head of unit in one of the largest mobile operators in Myanmar.
- Startup Lifestyle Information service jointly with the largest mobile operator in Algeria.
- Invest in IT venture fund with Ministry of Information & Communications in Korea, invest in start-up Mobile Solution provider in Korea, and do overseas business development including establish JV in Mongolia, launched Ring back tone project in China etc., and experienced IPO in KOSDAQ market as the first company in Mobile VAS, Solution provider industry in Korea.
- Infrastructure trade, project finance in China.
(M&A Senior Consultant)
Daphnie started her banking career with Hong Leong Bank Berhad as Personal Financial Consultant since 2004. Selling all range of consumer products including housing loan, insurance, hire purchase, credit card, personal loan, unit trust and etc. During her service in Hong Leong Bank, she had been trained to be an overall Personal Banker. In year 2007 she decided to switch her career path into SME Banking. Therefore, joined Standard Chartered Bank Berhad, serve as Team Manager of SME banking, Business Instalment Loan Department, leading a team of 16 Business Loan Executives. She has been promoted as Unit Sales Manager at beginning of 2010 heading 2 teams in Kuala Lumpur and Pulau Penang. She was the Business Development Manager in-charged of business budget planning, incentive and campaign planning, as well as strategic management of Personal Loan Department before she left Standard Chartered Bank. In Year 2012, She started as a business consultant, being consultant for SME business owner for fund sourcing activities. Including banking facilities, re-structure of company liabilities and young entrepreneur business coaching.
Elvyna Cheong was graduated from Multimedia University with Bachelor of Accounting (Hons). She has over 10 years of experience in banking, specialising in Anti-Money Laundering with involvement in operations and risk management. She is also proficient in research, analytics and reporting.
Her experiences include:
- Involvement in building an intelligence-led control team through implementation of a state of audit readiness to achieve better audit rating for the company.
- Creation of a risk awareness culture within the company by conducting risk assessments, sharing key observations and creating awareness on a timely basis.
- Active engagement with stakeholders to ensure effective risk assessment and control environment in place.
- Building a culture of transparency and effective communication through regular and sustainable engagements with key stakeholders.
- Providing timely and effective advisory to the company for achieving effective rating.
- Involved in a business migration from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur.
- Leading a team from different backgrounds and experience in AML transaction monitoring.
- Identify and implement opportunity to improve quality, process and service delivery to clients.